Japan

A rare picture of Mt. Fuji which is usually cloaked in clouds - through the window of the bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto - February, 1991.
One of the things that stands out in my mind about this trip is that it was made in the middle of the first Gulf War. There were threats of terrorism against commercial airlines and bookings dropped an incredible 10%. On our wide-body plane I don't think there were more than 50 people. We were all seated in the large business class section. I later walked back to the drapes separating us from coach class. I opened them to discover a completely empty section -- lights off -- 8 to 10 seats across and I don't know how many rows back. Some of us later went back and stretched out across the seats for a nap.
Kyoto's Golden Pavilion Temple
I asked our hosts for a tea ceremony and although what they provided wasn't quite like this old picture, it was still a cultural treat.
Traditional japanese music - Sakura, Sakura (Cherry Blossom)