Chronicles of Wanderlust

Chronicles of Wanderlust

Rainy Night in Paris






















I had been in Paris once before and this was just a two-day stopover on my way back from a parched desert in the Middle East. That night I stayed in a tiny hotel Sheikh Ali had recommended, with an elevator barely large enough for one person and a bag. It was the kind of elevator with open ironwork so you could see the stairs spiraling around the cage as it ascended.








While the miniscule bathroom was ultra modern, the room looked like it hadn't changed since the halcyon days of Hemingway and the ‘20s.

I unpacked into the large, antique armoire, opened the French doors to a small balcony, and stepped out into the cool evening air to drink in the view of Paris at night during a gentle rain.

Perfect.











That same rainy night I took this shot, handheld with daylight film, of the tower from the Tracadero, across the river











To get the full effect of this amazing scene:

1. Right click on picture and select FULL SCREEN
2. Check out lower right navigation controls on picture
3. Make sure to zoom and especially tilt to see top of tower
Astounding Paris from the Eiffel Tower (click here)






Clip of the Royal de Luxe marionette in Paris:







French National Anthem