Chronicles of Wanderlust

Chronicles of Wanderlust

Train out of Athens








Amazing.

Here's a short clip of the exact train ride I took out of Athens, along the Aegean, to the Peloponnesian Peninsula (as in the Peloponnesian Wars - Sparta, Persia, etc.).

The footage is even from the same side of the train and the surprise of crossing the 160 feet deep Corinth Canal at the end exactly as I experienced it.

Believe it or not, I ripped out my camera and got a shot in time (not this one because I'm tired of scanning old photos).



























This is at Corinth (as in the "Epistles to the Corinthians"). This is also the place where the apostle Paul likely wrote his Epistle to the Romans.












For a little history of the Coninth Canal waterway, visible in the above satellite photo click
here.

















Greece - click on map to enlarge














National Anthem of Greece at the 2004 Olympics: